Ireland’s national organisation for one-parent families is recruiting a Part -time Counsellor. One Family is Ireland’s organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting or separating. We provide support, information and specialist family support services to all members of all one-parent families, as well as to those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy and to professionals working with one-parent families. One Family’s vision is that every family in Ireland will be cherished equally, and will enjoy the social, financial, and legal equality to create their own positive future.
One Family is seeking to recruit an accredited, experienced counsellor for a three days per week, short-term contract from July 2023 to June 2024.
The purpose of this role is to provide short term counselling to lone parents and to people who are experiencing a crisis pregnancy or have had an abortion. The lone parents who use the service may be struggling with personal barriers such as self-confidence, loneliness, isolation, or a conflictual shared parenting relationship in addition to economic and housing challenges. Those who experience their pregnancy as a crisis or who require post abortion counselling may be experiencing isolation, relationship difficulties or trauma.
Person Specification – you must:
- Have a relevant counselling/ psychotherapy qualification.
- Be an accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, FTAI or another professional body.
- Have experience working in an interdisciplinary team.
- Have a client-focussed perspective.
- Be enthusiastic and motivated.
- Be well organised with good attention to detail.
- Have competent ICT knowledge and skills.
- Have knowledge of the issues facing people experiencing a crisis pregnancy or who are parenting alone.
Counselling Position Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the provision of a professional and comprehensive face to face and online counselling service for One Family clients.
- Deliver short term Counselling within the agreed ethos of the One Family Counselling Service.
- Deliver unplanned/crisis pregnancy counselling and post abortion counselling.
- Maintain all quality/professional standards and codes of practice.
- Attend relevant internal and external supervisions and trainings.
- Maintain all relevant admin, monitoring and data.
- Follow all One Family’s policies and procedures.
- To contribute to evaluations, policy, reports, funding applications etc as requested.
- To be line managed by the Counselling Manager and take direction where appropriate on
issues relating to clients.
- To maintain the high professional and ethical standard in the provision of care to service users established by the One Family Counselling Service.
This is a part-time, 3 days (21 hours) per week role on either Monday, Tuesday, or Friday in One Family, 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7. The full-time salary scale is approx €40K – €46.7K for a 35-hour week but the salary offered will be pro rata for 21 hours, based on skills and experience. Annual leave, supervision and other benefits will be provided.
A cover letter addressing how you can fulfil the requirements of this role should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 23rd June 2023. Candidates may be invited for interview which will take place in early July.
One Family is an equal opportunity employer