Policy Submissions and Positions
One Family responds independently and in collaboration with other organisations to calls for policy submissions on a wide-range of issues annually. We also develop position papers on important and emergent issues. Our core policy positions are set out in our yearly Pre-Budget Submission.
- 2020 | Pre-Budget Submission – Budget 2021 One Family Pre-Budget Submission 2021
- 2019 | Pre-Budget Submission – Budget 2020 One Family Pre-Budget Submission 2020
- 2018 | Pre-Budget Submission – Budget 2019 One Family Pre-Budget Submission 2019
- 2017 | Pre-Budget Submission – Budget 2018 One Family Pre-Budget Submission 2018
- 2016 | Pre-Budget Submission – Budget 2017 One Family Pre-Budget Submission 2017
- 2021 | Family Justice Oversight Group Consultation. Link here.
- 2021 | Joint Oireachtas Committee on Justice – Submission on the General Scheme of the Family Court Bill. Link here
- 2019 | Development of a Long-Term Courts Service Strategy 2019-2025. Link here.
- 2019 | Vision for a Court Welfare System. Link here.
- 2018 | Fifth Programme of Law Reform (Family Law) Submission Link here.
- 2017 | Courts Service Strategic Plan 2017-2020. Link here.
- 2017 | On the Regulation of the Practices of ‘Child’s Views’ Experts. Link here.
Poverty and Social Inclusion
- 2021 | One Family Submission to the Child Maintenance Review Group Link here.
- 2019 | Low Pay Commission – Submission on the National Minimum Wage. Link here.
- 2019 | Department of Social Protection: Submission on the Revised Control and Anti-Fraud Strategy 2019-2023 (via the European Anti-Poverty Network) Link here.
- 2019 | Child Maintenance Position Paper. Link here.
- 2018 | Better Outcomes, Brighter Futures: NGO Sub-Group on Child Poverty. (BOBF) Link here.
- 2017 | Working Family Payment. Link here.
Child and Family Policy
National One-Parent Family Alliance
- 2021 | Joint NGO submission Position on Child Maintenance. Link here
- 2021 | Joint NGO submission to the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Children, Disability, Equality and Integration on the General Scheme of the Parent’s Leave and Benefit (Amendment) Bill. Link here
- 2020 | Joint NGO submission COVID-19 & One-parent families Link here
- 2021 | Submission on the Review of the Student Grant Scheme – SUSI (Student Universal Support Ireland). Link here.
- 2019 | SOLAS: Further Education and Training Strategy 2020-2024. Forthcoming. Link here.
- 2019 | DES (Dept. of Education and Skills) Statement of Strategy 2019-2021. Link here. Online Submission.
- 2018 | Submission to the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Education and Skills: Barriers to Education Facing Vulnerable Groups: Lone Parents. Oral: Link here.
- 2018 | Submission to the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Education and Skills: School Costs and Related Matters. Written: Link here. Oral: Link here.
Homelessness and Housing
- 2021 | Stakeholder Consultation on “Housing for All” Policy Statement and Action Plan. Link here
- 2018 | Coalition 2030 High-Level Political Forum Report May 2018. Ireland’s implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals. (European Anti-Poverty Network). Link here.