One Family is recruiting a part-time Receptionist to cover the afternoons from 1pm/2pm – 5pm/6pm. The One Family Receptionist is required to be the first point of contact for One Family clients and colleagues. This is a varied post that will require multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- To ensure the provision of an efficient client-centred reception service
- To answer the phone, take messages, direct calls, make appointments and answer queries as appropriate
- To greet clients, staff and visitors
- To be responsible for the daily opening and delivery of all post
- To respond to requests for basic information about One Family as received by phone, email, in-person or as requested by the Information Manager
- To manage fee payments and receipts for clients
- To manage the petty cash, listing all expenditures and reconciling the petty cash on hand on a monthly basis
- To manage and develop the services appointments system/diaries
- To manage the meeting room bookings system
- To maintain staff attendance and leave logs
- To maintain and develop the reception area
- To develop reception procedures and policies as appropriate
- To be responsible for equipment associated with reception and administration
- To maintain the One Family database, ensuring client contact details and service attendance records are up to date.
- To order, store and deliver all stationery requirements for One Family
- To train other staff on reception duties as required
- To undertake any administrative duty as requested from time to time such as (but not limited to) mail outs, photocopying, typing etc.
- To assist the CEO or other staff in defined and agreed areas
- To be responsible for the completion of all administrative work associated with the post of Receptionist
- To attend all required staff meetings, trainings and development days
- To participate in supervision and reviews with the One Family Administration Supervisor
- To undertake other areas of work where necessary or as requested by the Administration Supervisor or CEO
The Receptionist in One Family will be responsible to the Administration Supervisor on a daily basis and will be subject to all the Policies and Procedures of One Family.
The job description of the Receptionist is designed in response to a strategic planning process and is subject to change in line with the overall strategic goals of the organisation.
Candidates need to:
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Have good administration skills
- Have good IT skills particularly in the areas of Microsoft Word, Excel, email and the internet
- Have a client-focussed perspective
- Be enthusiastic and motivated
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be well-organised with good attention to detail
Although not essential, ideal candidates would also:
- Have experience in the provision of information to individuals by phone
- Have experience of working on a help-line
- Have knowledge of the issues facing one-parent families
- Have experience of working in the Irish voluntary/community sector
The post is for 20 hours per week during office hours, Monday to Friday. Flexibility can be offered and expected on when these hours are delivered. The full time salary scale is €21,545for a 35 hour week but the salary offered will be pro rata for 20 hours which is €12,312. Benefits such as leave and training opportunities will be provided.
A cover letter and CV addressing the required competencies should be sent to: Administration Supervisor, One Family, 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7 or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 25th April 2019.
First round interviews will be held on Tuesday 7th May and second round interviews on Tuesday 14th May.
One Family is an equal opportunities employer | www.onefamily.ie