Types of Counselling at One Family
- General and Solution Focused Counselling | Supports people with on-going counselling for a wide range of parenting, family and personal issues, or to work through a particular problem.
- Unplanned Pregnancy Counselling | A pregnancy that is unplanned or unexpected, can raise many issues for a woman or couple, and One Family will support you as you work through the options open to you such as parenting, adoption or abortion.
- Post-Abortion Counselling | If you have had an abortion and would like to come and talk it over in a safe and confidential space.
- Fatal Foetal Abnormality Counselling | If you are faced with a diagnosis of a fatal foetal abnormality (anomaly). We are here to support you.
- Young People in Care | If you are pregnant or have just had a baby, and are in care or recently moved into your own place, our Pregnancy & Parenting Support Service is here to help you.
- Play & Creative Therapy | This form of therapy for children is provided for children from 4 years of age.
There is no cost for unplanned pregnancy counselling or post-termination counselling support. They are funded by the Crisis Pregnancy Agency.
We charge a small fee on a sliding scale for other counselling services, and our focus is always on ensuring that financial constraints are not a barrier to anyone who wishes to avail of these services.
Appointments & Booking
The Counselling service is open to pregnant women and expectant fathers, and to men, women, teenagers and adolescents in one-parent families. We offer a range of appointment times and can provide free, on-site childcare for your children in our warm and friendly crèche while you avail of the service.
We always try to ensure you are seen as soon as possible. How often you attend, or for how long, will be decided between you and your counsellor.
If you would like to talk with a counsellor, or find out more about any of the counselling services available to you, please call 01 662 9212.