Who Is New Futures For?
The New Futures Employability Programme is available nationally and is specifically designed for people who are parenting alone and want to get support to take the next steps into education or work but are not sure where to start.
What Is New Futures?
Personal Development and Career Planning with Support
The New Futures Employability Programme is a part-time personal & career development programme that explores two key modules in Personal & Interpersonal Development and Career Planning. The overall aim of the New Futures programme is to empower individuals in one-parent families to overcome barriers, improve their prospects, and achieve their educational and employment goals. It equips participants with the necessary tools and support to create a positive future for themselves and their families.
The New Futures Employability Programme Provides
- Personal Development: The New Futures programme focuses on personal growth and building self-confidence. It covers various topics, including communication skills, stress management, and goal setting. On commencing the New Futures Employability Programme all we ask from our participants is a commitment to be open to the learning and challenges and embrace all the wraparound supports available to them.
- Employment Support: Participants develop job-seeking skills by creating and updating CVs, preparing for interviews, and accessing job opportunities. They are also online workshops provided on key topics.
- Individualised Support: Participants will have regular one-to-one sessions with a support worker and together you will work on an individual action plan where you will identify your goals, explore career and education options and how to pursue them.
- Wraparound Family Support: Participants can access one-to-one parent mentoring and laptop loans.
Please note: The contents are subject to change depending on the needs of each group.
Module 1 – Personal and Interpersonal Development
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Who Am I? Explore the Sense of Self
- Self-Esteem & Confidence
- Clear & Direct Communication
- Managing Needs & Emotions
Module 2 – Career Planning
- Prior Skills
- Exploring the Labour Market and applying for Jobs and Courses
- Goals & Action Planning
- Decision Making
- Revisiting & Finalising My Action Plan
From September 2024, the New Futures Employability Programme will be available as an online e-learning programme with facilitated New Steps Zoom classes from May 2024 for those who need some additional support before starting New Futures.
Please click on the E-Learning link below to learn more about our courses starting in May 2024. We also intend to return to face-to-face classroom delivery of our programmes in the future.
Hear From Our Participants
“Since completing the New Futures Programme, I have experienced a tremendous transformation in my personal and professional life. Not only have I acquired new skills and knowledge, but I have also gained a renewed sense of confidence and self-belief in myself.”
“Taking the “New Futures” course was like a breath of fresh air. It was perfect for what I needed at this point in my life as my children are older now. All the women that were attending the course on zoom were very kind-hearted and so supportive as we were all in the same boat, going through very similar life experiences and most importantly we all felt somewhat lesser to what we were worth.”
“I have to admit I did not expect the course to entail what it did! I can honestly say it has been life changing for me and what I have learnt doing this course will stay with me forever! I have learnt so much about myself, we explored our beliefs and values and what is important to us. We explored how we were thinking and feeling and how we were talking to ourselves. We were reminded of who we are as individuals and not just as parents. We were reminded of all our achievements, even the little things we do that we don’t give a second thought to that mean so much and make a difference. I began to feel really proud of myself and everything I had achieved in my life so far, which gave me confidence and self-worth I had been missing for so long!”
Click here to read more about what our participants say.