See our current vacancies below:
Counsellors for My Options phone line for unplanned pregnancy | November 2019
Locum Telephone Counsellors (Sessional work)
Are you interested in joining the My Options team providing information and support to those with an unplanned pregnancy? If so, and you are a qualified, accredited counsellor with 3 years of counselling experience this could be the role for you.
One Family is recruiting experienced, professionally accredited counsellors for the My Options phone line for unplanned pregnancy.
If you are an enthusiastic, committed and experienced professional counsellor who is committed to women’s sexual and reproductive health, who would like to work in a progressive, voluntary sector organisation– you may wish to consider this post.
Extensive training will be offered in unplanned pregnancy counselling, post abortion counselling and telephone counselling skills.
My Options provides the following:
- Counselling and listening supportfor those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy
- Post-abortion counselling
- Information on abortion, including services that provide abortion in Ireland and abroad
- Information on the options of parenting and adoption
- Signposting and referrals to other relevant, professional services.
One Family is Ireland’s organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting and separating families – see www.onefamily.ie for full information. We have been providing non-directive counselling services to women and their families who experience unplanned or crisis pregnancies for several decades.
Candidates need to:
- Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification counselling experience
- Have a relevant counselling/ psychotherapy qualification
- Be an accredited member of IACP, IAHIP or another professional counselling body
- Have experience of working in a team
- Have a client-focussed perspective
- Be enthusiastic and motivated
- Be well organised with good attention to detail
- Have good ICT skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of telephone counselling, online counselling or helpline work
- Have experience of unplanned pregnancy counselling
- Have experience of information provision.
Counsellor role and responsibilities:
- To provide telephone support and counselling on all options for unplanned pregnancy
- To provide information on abortion services in Ireland
- To provide information and support online via webchat
- To deliver post-abortion counselling
- Maintain all quality/professional standards and codes of practice
- Attend relevant internal and external supervisions and trainings
- Maintain all relevant administration, monitoring information and data
- Follow all policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines
- To contribute to evaluations, policy, reports, funding applications etc as requested
- To be line managed by the My Options Manager and take direction where appropriate on issues relating to clients
- To maintain the high professional and ethical standard in provision of care to clients.
The service runs between 9am and 9pm from Monday to Friday, as well as Saturday morning between 10am and 2pm. Staff will be required to work day time and evening shifts of 4-6 hours duration.
The panel of Locum Telephone Counsellors will provide sessional cover for shifts of between 4- 6 hours duration.
The service will be located in Dublin 7; remote working is not available for this position. The full time (35 hour week) salary scale is €39,311 – €42,799 for the level of skills required; the salary offered will be pro-rata, based on skills and experience.
Informal enquiries are welcome.
A cover letter addressing the required competencies and a CV, including the date of your professional accreditation, should be sent to: My Options Manager, One Family, 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7 or by email to email@example.com. First round telephone interviews will be held Monday 25th November 2019 and second round interviews will be held Thursday 5th December 2019.
Closing date for applications is 10am on Thursday 21st November 2019.
Early Years Professional (Relief) | November 2019
One Family Early Years Intervention Service is unique amongst services provided to many disadvantaged communities as we work with the youngest children, aged 0-2.8 years. We work with the most seldom-heard parents and children in our community. By supporting these families and offering early intervention our aim is to break the cycle of child poverty within the areas where it is most deeply entrenched and where children are most disadvantaged, through integrated and effective services and interventions.
Role: Early Years Professional (Relief)
Minimum Qualifications Required: QQI Level 5 in Early Childhood Care & Education
Key Responsibilities of the position:
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play through planning and developing learning experiences in response to children’s needs.
- Ensuring the individual needs of children are identified and met.
- Communicating daily with parents
- Observing, monitoring and maintaining accurate records on the children and update daily in compliance with Aister, Siolta, Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016.
- Liaising with other team members and attending staff training and meetings when required.
- Adhering to our policies, procedures and operational practices at all times.
- Conducting general cleaning duties
Experience needed for this position
- Minimum of two years experience working with children
- Fluent English and two written references are essential
- A passion about the development of the individual child
- Good communication skills
- A working knowledge of Aistear and Siolta
- Applicants must be prepared to undergo Garda Vetting
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jelena at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd November 2019.
One Family is an equal opportunities employer