One Family is currently recruiting for an experienced part-time (1 day per week) Accounting Technician/Bookkeeper to assist in running its day-to-day accounts. Reporting to the Finance Manager the ideal candidate will be a motivated, qualified accounting technician/bookkeeper with industry experience in a similar finance position.
One Family is Ireland’s organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting or separating. We provide support, information and specialist family support services to all members of all one-parent families, as well as to those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy and to professionals working with one-parent families. One Family’s vision is that every family in Ireland will be cherished equally, and will enjoy the social, financial and legal equality to create their own positive future.
Account Technician/Bookkeeper Job Description
• To assist the Finance Manager in managing and processing the financial affairs of the charity
• Ensure timely, accurate journal entries in Sage
• Reconcile bank accounts, debtors, and creditors accounts
• Ensure all invoices and expenses are duly authorised and classified prior to posting to ledgers
• Process supplier invoices for payment
• To prepare quarterly management accounts including variance analysis to Budget
• Collating, checking and processing information for the monthly payroll.
• Continuous compliance with all legal and taxation laws including the Charities Act.
• Preparation of ad hoc reports as required from time to time
• Assist with the preparation of funding/grant/award applications and proposals
• Analysis of information as required by the Finance Manager
• Work in partnership internally and externally across relevant areas of work
• Participate in supervision and reviews with the Finance Manager
Account Technician/Bookkeeper Person Specification
Essential Skills include:
• Proven minimum working experience of 3-5 years in bookkeeping/accounts role
• Qualified Accounting technician or higher
• Experience in Sage 50 or similar accounts package
• Excellent PC skills – Highly proficient in MS Excel and Word.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Self-starter with a process improvement mindset.
• Excellent at problem solving ensuring the issue is dealt with.
• Flexible, with ability to work on own initiative and co-operatively.
• Experience working in or knowledge of the not for profit sector.
Terms of Role
The post is for one day per week, with the role based in the premises at all times. Flexibility can be offered and expected on when these hours are delivered. The full time (35 hour week) salary scale is €34K-€40K based on skills and experience with the salary provided pro rata for 7 hours. There is a six month probationary period.
A cover letter and CV addressing the required competencies should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 18th February
Applications should be marked clearly: Bookkeeper Role
First and second round interviews will be held in the following weeks.
One Family is an equal opportunities employer | www.onefamily.ie