One Family is currently recruiting for the full-time position of an Admin & Operations Manager. This is a busy role, with a wide span of diverse responsibilities reporting to the CEO. The role requires an experienced professional with strong operational and leadership experience, who can operate in both a hands-on and a strategic manner, utilising problem solving and communication skills.
Ireland’s national organisation for one-parent families is recruiting a full-time Admin & Operations Manager. One Family is Ireland’s organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting or separating. We provide support, information and specialist family support services to all members of all one-parent families, as well as to those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy and to professionals working with one-parent families. One Family’s vision is that every family in Ireland will be cherished equally, and will enjoy the social, financial and legal equality to create their own positive future.
One Family would like to recruit an experienced Admin & Operations Manager to deliver high quality organisational support to all areas of the organisation, the CEO and the Board, overseeing all aspects of administration, HR, H&S, procurement, facilities management, Reception and IT in line with our Strategic Plan 2022-2024 and future strategies.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the CEO and Board to ensure excellent services and compliance in One Family.
Admin & Operations Manager Job Description
- Ensure the smooth running of all areas including Administration, Human Resources (HR), Health & Safety (H&S), Procurement, Facilities Management and IT.
- Act as the go-to person for all organisational support needs and delegate as appropriate.
- Work with the service teams to streamline and improve processes, ensuring efficiency and optimum service user and staff satisfaction.
- Work with service teams to ensure high standards of governance and consistent compliance with corporate policies and legislation.
- Support the Governance Committee of the Board, attending meetings when required.
- Ensure a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility (including remote work as appropriate) that meets environmental, health, and security standards. This includes overseeing and managing the H&S committee for the organisation.
- Ensure HR policies are up to date and disseminated; and oversee all HR procedures, providing support to line managers as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate IT provision and support for all organisational needs.
- Responsible for managing the Administrative Team.
- Budgetary responsibility for defined areas of authority.
- Provide strategic input and collaborate with colleagues as a member of the Heads of Service Team.
- Monitor risks and report on their management.
- Work in partnership internally and externally across relevant areas of work.
- Attend all required staff meetings, trainings and development days.
- Participate in supervision and reviews with the One Family CEO.
- Undertake other areas of work where necessary or as requested by the CEO.
Admin & Operations Manager Person Specification
Essential Skills include:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in office and administration management with specific experience in at least four of the following areas of responsibility:
- Administration, Human Resources (HR), Health & Safety (H&S), Procurement, Facilities Management, and IT.
- A relevant qualification in one or more specific areas of responsibility and/or in Business Administration.
- Strong experience in IT support and IT knowledge (experience with MS 365 and SharePoint desirable).
- Experience of building and developing strong working relationships with the management team.
- Experience leading, managing and motivating a staff team.
- Experience teaching and instructing others, with a patient and understanding deposition desirable.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter with a process improvement mindset.
- Excellent at problem solving ensuring the issue is dealt with.
- Willingness to learn and adapt and encourages the same in others.
- Flexible, with ability to work on own initiative and co-operatively.
- Efficient multi-tasker, with excellent time management skills.
- Experience working in or knowledge of the voluntary sector is helpful.
Terms of Role
The post is for 4 or 5 days per week with the role based in our Smithfield offices at all times. Flexibility can be offered and expected on when these hours are delivered. The full time (35 hour week) salary scale is €43,655 to €50,301 depending based on skills and experience. The role is subject to funding. There is a six month probationary period.
A cover letter and CV addressing the required competencies should be sent by email to email@example.com
Applications should be marked clearly: Admin & Operations Manager Role
One Family is an equal opportunities employer | www.onefamily.ie