One Family offers a wide range of services for professionals working with people parenting alone, sharing parenting or separating, and their children. We also offer supports to professionals working with people experiencing crisis pregnancy.
- Half-day and three day professional development programmes including Family Communications and Positive Parenting for Changing Families.
- Crisis pregnancy Masterclass in association with Maynooth University: Termination: Dealing with Complex Issues.
- Ongoing support to Crisis Pregnancy Counsellors.
- Client referrals to our services including crisis pregnancy counselling, young people in care, parent mediation, and parenting programmes.
- askonefamily helpline for information and support,
- Policy, research and resources.
Professional Development Programmes
From half-day, solution-focussed workshops, to intensive three-day manualised programmes, our Professional Development Service provides affordable opportunities for those who work with people parenting alone or sharing parenting, and/or their children, to build on and strengthen their professional capacity. Our professional development suite includes the accredited Family Communications and Positive Parenting for Changing Families programmes.
One Family’s professional development programmes are for you if:
- You deliver parenting/family support courses,
- You work with parents and their children,
- You are a family support worker, social worker, youth worker, family therapist, educator, drugs project worker or counsellor.
For more information and to see which programmes are booking now, please click here.
Crisis Pregnancy Masterclass
Avail of our 45+ years of experience working with people going through a crisis pregnancy with a Masterclass for health care professionals, teachers, youth workers and others, in association with Maynooth University: Termination: Dealing with Complex Issues. Email us to find out more.
Crisis Pregnancy Support
One Family can provide ongoing support to Crisis Pregnancy Counsellors. Email us to find out more.
To make a referral to any of our services including general, solution focussed or crisis pregnancy Counselling, Young People in Care, Parent Mediation and Shared Parenting Plans, or one of our programmes for parents, please call us on 01 662 9212 or email us.
askonefamily Helpline and Information Service
Policy, Research & Resources
To read and/or download our research reports and submissions, please go to Policy & Research.
For statistics relating to one-parent families in Ireland, please go to Facts & Figures.