- About Us
- How We Can Help You
- Education & Training
- Policy & Campaigns
- Media & Publications
- Get Involved
Programmes for Professionals
Our Autumn programmes will soon be available to book via this page.
Sign up to receive our Professional Development updates here to be among the first to hear about our new programmes and schedules, and see Booking Now above for upcoming events.
Who are One Family’s Professional Development programmes for?
One Family has provided specialist family support services to diverse families since 1972 and understands the needs of professionals working with one-parent families, those experiencing separation and families in transition.
If you work with parents and/or children; are a family support worker, social worker, youth worker, family therapist, educator, drugs project worker or counsellor; or deliver parenting/family support courses, our programmes will help you to build on your skills, knowledge and approach.
- Positive Parenting for Changing Families | This intensive three day manualised programme has just been re-developed. Its focus is to support parents to build strong relationships with their children and manage difficult behavior. One Family accredited. Read more.
- Family Communications: Coping with Family Life and Communication with Teenagers | This intensive three day manualised programme is an extensive resource to support parents in learning how to cope with difficulties in family life and communicating with teenagers. One Family accredited. Read more.
- Skills Acquisition Workshops | Explore issues specific to one-parent and shared parenting families in half-day workshops: Supporting Families in Conflict Reducing Communication; Supporting Parents to Parent Well After Separation; Parenting Through Stressful Times. CPD may be available. Read more.
- One Parent Families: Human Rights and Family Diversity | A one day programme which gives in-depth understanding of the Human Rights that affect One-parent families and the diversity of family life in Ireland, enabling professionals to offer enhanced support to members of one-parent families. Read more.
- Crisis Pregnancy | Avail of our 40+ years of experience working with people going through a crisis pregnancy, in awareness training and training for counsellors. CPD available.
Our flag-ship Family Communications and Positive Parenting for Changing Families programmes are now accredited. This means that professionals who complete them can now become One Family Accredited Facilitators qualified to deliver these programmes as either Group or One-to-one Facilitators. Find out about Accreditation Benefits and the Process here.
The training provides the expertise, tools and knowledge to support parents to enhance family life, and is intensive and highly participative so that you can experience the programmes both as a facilitator and a participant. Numbers are limited to ensure quality of experience for all participants.
One Family can deliver programmes directly at your organisation. With a minimum of 10 participants from your and/or other organisations near you, you can benefit from a group rate with the added bonus of saving on staff accommodation or travel costs. Training can be bespoke or tailored to the specific needs of your staff and on dates of your choice. FETAC level 6 accreditation can be acquired depending on participant levels of experience. This is a very effective way to up-skill staff and enhance services.
All of our Professional Development programmes are offered in Dublin and nationally. We also facilitate group programmes internationally on request. Call us on +353 (0)1 662 9212 to discuss your organisation’s needs.
Beautifully presented and robust manuals, which include 15 modules, are included in the fees for Positive Parenting for Changing Families and Family Communications programmes. Also available is the Moving On Manual. These manuals are the leading resources used by facilitators working with one-parent families in Ireland. Additional copies are available for purchase by professionals who have completed the relevant One Family programmes. Click here for details.
Find Out More
Would you like to discuss your training needs? We can help. Email us or call 01 662 9212.
One Family’s Professional Development Service is part-funded by the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government under the Scheme to Support National Organisations 2014-2016.