Family Communications: Coping with Family Life and Communication with Teenagers – Three Day Programme: TBC | Click here for information about Family Communications
Positive Parenting for Changing Families – Three Day Programme TBC | Click here for further information about Positive Parenting
Supporting Separating Parents to Positively Share Parenting – Half day Workshop TBC | Click here for more information
Supporting Families to Reduce Conflict in Communication- Half day Workshop TBC | Click here for more information
Parenting Through Stressful Times – Half Day Workshop- TBC | Click here for more information
Sign up to receive our Professional Development updates here to be among the first to hear about our new programmes and schedules, and see Booking Now above for upcoming events.
Who are One Family’s Professional Development programmes for?
One Family has provided specialist family support services to diverse families since 1972 and understands the needs of professionals working with one-parent families, those experiencing separation and families in transition.
If you work with parents and/or children; are a family support worker, social worker, youth worker, family therapist, educator, drugs project worker or counsellor; or deliver parenting/family support courses, our programmes will help you to build on your skills, knowledge and approach.
Programmes & Supports for Professionals
- Positive Parenting for Changing Families | This intensive three day manualised programme has just been re-developed. Its focus is to support parents to build strong relationships with their children and manage difficult behavior. One Family accredited. Read more.
- Family Communications: Coping with Family Life and Communication with Teenagers | This intensive three day manualised programme is an extensive resource to support parents in learning how to cope with difficulties in family life and communicating with teenagers. One Family accredited. Read more.
- Skills Acquisition Workshops | Explore issues specific to one-parent and shared parenting families in half-day workshops: Supporting Families to Reduce Conflict in Communication; Supporting Separating Parents to Positively Share Parenting; and Parenting Through Stressful Times. CPD may be available. Read more.
- Crisis Pregnancy | Avail of our 45+ years of experience working with people going through a crisis pregnancy with a Masterclass for health care professionals, teachers, youth workers and others, in association with Maynooth University: Termination: Dealing with Complex Issues. Email us to find out more.
- Crisis Pregnancy | One Family can provide ongoing support to Crisis Pregnancy Counsellors. Email us to find out more.
Our flag-ship Family Communications and Positive Parenting for Changing Families programmes are now accredited. This means that professionals who complete them can now become One Family Accredited Facilitators qualified to deliver these programmes as either Group or One-to-one Facilitators. Find out about Accreditation Benefits and the Process here.
The training provides the expertise, tools and knowledge to support parents to enhance family life, and is intensive and highly participative so that you can experience the programmes both as a facilitator and a participant. Numbers are limited to ensure quality of experience for all participants.
One Family can deliver programmes directly at your organisation. With a minimum of 10 participants from your and/or other organisations near you, you can benefit from a group rate with the added bonus of saving on staff accommodation or travel costs. Training can be bespoke or tailored to the specific needs of your staff and on dates of your choice.
All of our Professional Development programmes are offered in Dublin and nationally. We also facilitate group programmes internationally on request. Call us on +353 (0)1 662 9212 to discuss your organisation’s needs.
Beautifully presented and robust manuals, which include 15 modules, are included in the fees for Positive Parenting for Changing Families and Family Communications programmes. Also available is the Moving On Manual. These manuals are the leading resources used by facilitators working with one-parent families in Ireland. Additional copies are available for purchase by professionals who have completed the relevant One Family programmes. Click here for details.
Find Out More
Would you like to discuss your training needs? We can help. Email us or call 01 662 9212.