One Family is one of twenty experts and stakeholders from across Europe contributing to Families and Societies, a large-scale integrating project on the factors that define and shape what families will look like in the future, coordinated through Stockholm University. The projects runs until 31 January 2017. Questions being addressed include: Are existing social and family policies compatible with changes in family patterns?
The main objectives of the project are:
- To investigate the diversity of family forms, relationships, and life courses in Europe.
- To assess the compatibility of existing policies with family changes.
- To contribute to evidence-based policy-making.
The overall conceptual framework is based on three key premises:
- Family life courses are becoming more diverse.
- The interdependency of lives matters.
- Social contexts and policies matter.