Are you interested in a challenging and vital volunteer role that makes a real difference?
We are seeking volunteers for askonefamily, One Family’s national lo-call helpline service for all members of one-parent families and those who share parenting, their families and friends, and professionals working with them. The aim of the role is to assist helpline callers in finding their own resolution to issues affecting them through the provision of information and emotional support. Based in Cherish House, Dublin 2, full training and ongoing support and supervision will be provided.
If you are:
- Able to listen
- A clear communicator
- Able to commit to a daytime helpline shift once a week (3+ hours)
- Fluent in English
- Able to attend six half days (non-consecutive) of training, during the day
- And have basic computer skills
We can offer you:
- Helpline training and skills development
- The opportunity to work with diverse families
- Regular support in the role
- A chance to be involved in a developing service
If this rewarding volunteer opportunity is of interest, please click here for the full role specification and application form.