Ireland’s national organisation for one-parent families is recruiting a replacement part-time Play Therapist. One Family is Ireland’s organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting or separating. We provide support, information and specialist family support services to all members of all one-parent families, as well as to those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy and to professionals working with one-parent families. One Family’s vision is that every family in Ireland will be cherished equally, and will enjoy the social, financial and legal equality to create their own positive future.
Play Therapist Role
This additional Play Therapist role will join the Separating Well for Children Service (SWP) Team in One Family.
SWP is a voluntary service focused on children’s needs during the process of parental separation and in the time following separation. It aims to prevent children being negatively impacted by parental separation, and to support families where conflict and domestic violence is impacting on children’s wellbeing.
The ultimate aim of the SWP is to promote children’s well-being when their parents are separating. It is an integrated service providing direct interventions, support and case management for adults and children, with the aim of preventing escalating or entrenched conflict, and safeguarding concerns in the family, and ultimately promote children’s wellbeing.
Play Therapist Job Description
- To contribute to the provision of a professional and comprehensive Play Therapy Service within the Separating Well for Children Service
- To deliver play therapy sessions on an individual basis to children aged 4 to 10 years of age
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Maintain all quality/professional standards and codes of practice
- To attend relevant internal and external supervisions and trainings
- To complete all relevant admin associated with the role
- Follow all One Family’s policies and procedures
- To contribute to evaluations, policy, reports, funding applications etc as requested
- To be line managed by the Separating Well for Children Manager and take direction where appropriate on issues relating to clients
- To undertake any other work as requested by your Manager.
Person Specification – you must:
- Have a relevant professional qualification in play therapy
- Be an accredited member of Play Therapy Ireland or another relevant professional body
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience working as a play therapist with children.
- Have a children’s focus and perspective
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Have experience working in an interdisciplinary team
- Have a knowledge of the impact of domestic abuse, interparental conflict and separation/divorce on children and young people
- Be confident in applying Children First within your practice
- Understand the HSE National Consent Policy and the relevance of dual consent when working with children and minors.
- Have a broad knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting children in today’s world, particularly in one parent families.
Terms of Role
This is a part-time role over 2.5 days a week/18 hours with two full days of therapeutic work to be delivered in One Family offices in Coke Lane, Dublin 7. The play therapy room is currently available for this role on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays so we can offer some flexibility about working days. The remaining time can be undertaken remotely or in the office for the present while One Family operates a hybrid working policy.
The full-time salary scale is €40,097 to €43,655 for a 35 hour week; the salary offered will be pro rata for 18 hours based on skill and experience. Annual leave, sick leave, training supports and pension contribution as well as other benefits will be provided in line with our terms and conditions. The post is subject to a six month probationary period.
A cover letter and CV addressing the required competencies should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Director of Parenting.
Your application should be marked clearly Play Therapist Application.
Closing date for applications is 10am Friday 7th October 2022.
One Family is an equal opportunities employer