Our CEO Karen was nominated by her son Cuán to do the Nice Bucket Challenge for One Family!
How does it work?
- Record your Nice Bucket Challenge, share it and nominate your friends or family members.
- They have 24 hours to record a video of them being drenched in NICE water – at room temperature or luke warm (because lots of children told us they want to take part but icy water may not be so good for little ones *) – and share it on their social media #nicebucketchallenge.
- They can make a donation to One Family by texting FAMILY to 50300.
- They can then nominate 3 friends to take the Nice Bucket Challenge.
So what makes it nice? By nominating someone, you’re promising to also give them a nice surprise when they complete the challenge. This can be a card you make for them, a letter you write, a little present of their favourite bar of chocolate or treat, or you could do something nice for them like make them a cup of tea or wash the dishes. It’s a way to celebrate our family and friends by reminding them that they’re cherished.
One Family’s vision is an Ireland where every family is cherished equally and enjoys the social, financial and legal equality to create their own positive futures. We founded Family Day and celebrate family diversity with the Family Day Festival every year.
Text FAMILY to 50300 to donate €4 to One Family.
100% of text cost goes to One Family across most network providers. Some providers apply VAT which means a minimum of €3.26 will go to One Family. Service Provider LIKECHARITY 01 443 3890.
Watch Cuán and Karen’s Nice Bucket Challenge on our Facebook page here.
* Remember – safety first. Never leave children unsupervised around water.