One Family, Ireland’s national organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting and separating, is recruiting an Educational Technologist for a fixed term, part-time post of 15 hours per week. One Family’s vision is that every family in Ireland will be cherished equally, and will enjoy the social, financial and legal equality to create their own positive future.
The One Family Programmes Service provides adult employability programmes to people parenting alone or sharing parenting. The service aims to develop and provide a range of best practice programmes that empower parents to move into education or work.
One Family’s New Steps programme is a parenting support and self-development programme. New Steps can be taken as a stand-alone programme and is also designed as an introductory course into our New Futures programme. The New Futures Employability Programme is an innovative, motivational, manualised, specialist bridging programme based on evidence-informed practice for supporting people distant from the labour market.
We commenced delivery of New Steps and New Futures via online delivery from September 2020. We have further enhanced and adapted the programme to include live, facilitated Zoom classes, purpose built online learning platform and online wraparound supports & key working.
One Family is committed to developing and providing high quality educational experiences that will challenge our learners and prepare them for education or employment. We are now seeking an experienced Educational Technologist who will join our Programmes team. The Educational Technologist will assist with the development of flexible and online learning at One Family.
• Provide digital skills training to Programmes staff and learners, as required
• Participate in module and programme design and development of blended and online learning, drawing on colleagues in One Family to ensure best practice in curriculum design and development
• Keep the VLE updated with key information & resources for learners
• Design, develop and integrate high quality online learning materials, suitable for a range of delivery approaches, in collaboration with staff
• Work with IT Services on technical issues relating to implementation and continuous development of modules in the VLE
• Oversee the development and implementation of the Laptop Loan Scheme
• Day to day administration of our online learning programmes regarding all technical aspects
• Maintenance of appropriate records and making available information and draft reports as required by management
• Acting as point of contact for all Programmes staff and learners working on flexible and online learning projects assisting with technical issues etc.
• Co-ordination of VLE registration of online learning students
• Able to communicate at a detailed technical level, providing expert advice on digital learning trends and innovation to staff and management
- To attend all required staff meetings, trainings and development days
- Participate in supervision and reviews with your line manager
- To undertake other areas of work where necessary or as requested
The Educational Technologist in One Family will be responsible to the One Family Programmes & Information Manager on a daily basis and will be subject to all the policies and procedures of One Family. The job description of the Educational Technologist is designed in response to a strategic planning process and is subject to change in line with the overall strategic goals of the organisation.
• An honours degree (level 8) and/or significant experience in Education and/or eLearning/Educational Technologies
• Experience and skills in instructional design and the development of modules/programmes for blended delivery
• Demonstrable skills in design and development of educational resources
• Proven experience of using and supporting a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), One Family’s current VLE uses WP Courseware.
• Good working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft packages and plugins, technical platforms, eLearning authoring tools, multimedia applications, web and virtual classroom technologies, appropriate to support technology-enhanced learning
• Experience of delivery of training to a diverse range of participants and staff, preferably in a further education context
• Excellent communications skills; oral, written and presentation, including the ability to explain technical issues clearly to people at all levels of technical and academic knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team, on own initiative and independently as required
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
• Familiarity with literature relating to Technology-Enhanced Learning in education
• Knowledge or experience with web design, user interface (UI) or user experience (UX), or learning psychology, specific to education/learning
• A willingness to learn new technologies and develop an understanding of emerging areas of enhancement to Teaching, Learning and Assessment
This is a fixed term (until February 28th, 2024), part-time post of 15 hours per week on an annual salary of €34,033.97 pro rata (€14,586 for 15 hours). Flexibility regarding hours of work is essential in order to meet the needs of our clients.
This post is subject to a 6-month probationary period. The role will be based remotely during the ongoing public health restrictions, but the successful candidate must be able to attend One Family’s offices in Smithfield, Dublin 7, when required.
A cover letter and CV addressing the role and the required competencies as outlined above should be emailed to Valerie Maher, Programmes & Information Manager, One Family at: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, 11th April, 2022. It is anticipated that first round interviews and second round interviews will take place shortly after this date.
One Family is an equal opportunities employer
This project is part supported by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020 and the Employment & Social Innovation Programme (EaSI) 2021-2027