One Family offer a series of group based parenting courses via Zoom starting in September 2022. Our courses are specially designed for people parenting alone, sharing parenting and separating. For details on courses and how to apply please see details below:
One Family’s parenting courses via Zoom offer a group-based learning environment facilitated by an experienced, accredited parenting facilitator. Each participant will have a 1-1 check in session with their facilitator over the 6 weeks of the course. This is an opportunity for you to explore in more detail what is happening for you and what additional supports you may need from One Family following completion of the course.
You can book your place on the course today by following the steps outlined below. Each course costs only €50.
Once registered and engaged in a zoom course you will be emailed a weekly link to the Zoom course where you will have opportunities to talk with and share your experience in the live 6-week group sessions with other parents and the facilitators.
Following the 6-week Zoom course One Family Parenting will aim to ensure further appropriate supports are put in place as needed by parents (e.g. Parent Mentoring, further group based support or an internal referral to another service in One Family).
You will also be invited to join 2 additional stand-alone workshops (via Zoom) with guest speakers. This will take place over October-November and will cover topics which are relevant to the current parents in the course.
How to Join a Zoom Course:
- Register on fetchcourses.ie – see the instructions below.
- Once you have registered on fetchcourses.ie One Family will be notified.
- You will receive a link to make a payment for your course – all courses are €50 (for 6 weeks). You can call into One Family to make your payment if you are not in a position to pay online.
- You will also be asked to complete the One Family Registration process at this time. This then allows us to hold your data and make contact with you.
- Following these steps a member of the parenting team will make contact with you to discuss your course choice and secure your place on the course.
Parenting Zoom is…
- 6-week live Zoom group-based courses, courses are €50 each.
- Working with the facilitator in live weekly group sessions via Zoom.
- Actively taking part, offering and gaining peer support. Cameras are to be turned on for the duration of the session.
- Getting to know other parents with similar issues in groups of 12 parents or less.
- Weekly handouts and slides emailed to you from your weekly zoom session to support you at home.
- Opportunity to avail of 1-1 parent support throughout the 6-week period and move into other One Family supports as necessary.
- Certificate of attendance at the end of the 6-week course.
- Invitation to attend two stand alone workshops over the term.