Locum Telephone Counsellors (Sessional work)
Are you an experienced online or telephone counsellor?
Would you like to join the pioneering My Options team providing information and support to those with an unplanned pregnancy?
If so, and you are a qualified, accredited counsellor with 3 years of post qualification counselling experience this work may be of interest to you.
One Family is recruiting experienced, professionally accredited counsellors for the
My Options phone line for unplanned pregnancy, now in its fourth year of operation.
If you are an enthusiastic and experienced professional counsellor who is committed to women’s sexual and reproductive health, who would like to work in a progressive, voluntary sector organisation– you may wish to consider this opportunity.
Training will be offered in unplanned pregnancy counselling and post abortion counselling.
My Options provides the following:
• Counselling and listening support for those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy
• Post-abortion counselling
• Information on abortion, including services that provide abortion in Ireland and abroad
• Information on the options of parenting and adoption
• Signposting and referrals to other relevant, professional services.
One Family is Ireland’s organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting and separating families – see www.onefamily.ie for full information. We have been providing non-directive counselling services to women and their families who experience unplanned or crisis pregnancies for several decades.
Candidates need to:
• Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification counselling experience
• Have a relevant counselling/ psychotherapy qualification
• Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP or another professional counselling body
• Have experience of working in a team
• Have a client-focussed perspective
• Have competent ICT skills including Microsoft Office and Salesforce
• Be available to work remotely, in an environment suitable for counselling work, yet within travelling distance of Dublin and be available to work in a city centre location
• Be enthusiastic and motivated
• Be well organised with good attention to detail
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience of telephone counselling, online counselling or helpline work
• Have experience of unplanned pregnancy and post abortion counselling
• Have experience of information provision.
• Have experience of providing information and support via webchat.
Counsellor role and responsibilities:
• To provide telephone support and counselling on all options for unplanned pregnancy
• To provide information on abortion services in Ireland
• To provide information and support online via webchat
• To deliver post-abortion counselling
• Maintain all quality/professional standards and codes of practice
• To maintain the high professional and ethical standard in provision of care to clients.
• Attend relevant internal and external supervisions and trainings
• Maintain all relevant administration, monitoring information and data
• Follow all policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines
• To contribute to evaluations, policy, reports, funding applications etc as requested
• To be line managed by the My Options Manager and take direction where appropriate on issues relating to clients
The service runs between 9am and 8pm from Monday to Friday, as well as Saturday morning between 10am and 2pm. Staff will be required to work day time and evening shifts of 4-5 1/4 hours duration.
The panel of Locum Telephone Counsellors will provide sessional cover for shifts of between 4- 5 1/4 hours duration.
Whilst remote working is currently available for this position, applicants also need to be within travelling distance for working in a Dublin city centre location. The full time (35 hour week) salary scale is €39,311 – €42,799 for the level of skills required; the salary offered will be pro-rata, based on skills and experience.
Informal enquiries are welcome.
A cover letter addressing the required competencies and a CV, including the date of your professional accreditation, should be sent to: My Options Manager, One Family, 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . First round telephone interviews will be held the week of the 24 January 2022 and second round interviews, on Zoom, will be held the week of the 31 January 2022.
Applicants without full professional accreditation will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on 24 January 2022.
Applications should be marked clearly: MyOptions counsellor
One Family is an equal opportunities employer