One of the four aims of the Separation Network is to support front line practitioners working with separated/divorced families to access professional training. During 2021/22 we ran a very successful training programme which saw us working with a diverse set of professionals from across the sector.
Training Programmes 2022/2023
In partnership with One Family
One Family has provided specialist family support services to lone parent families since 1972 and understands the needs of professionals working with lone parents, including those experiencing separation/divorce and families in transition. All of our professional training is currently endorsed by Social Care Ireland.
Course Name: Building Confidence and Competence: Separating Well for Children
This training programme will be delivered in two parts.
- Understand the impact separation/divorce has on children and parents and how you can support parents to meet the needs of children at this time.
- Have an awareness of what parenting plans are and feel confident to support parents to champion the role both parents can play in the child’s life post separation.
- Feel confident to support parents to reflect on their own style of communication and support them to become assertive, in turn decreasing conflict and increasing communication levels between parents in post separation.
- Be aware of the complexity of access in post separation parenting and feel confident in supporting parents to take a child centred perspective to developing child access arrangements.
- Feel confident in supporting parents to have pride in their new family form, and help them tackle the awkward questions children have at time of family change