This one-day, group-work Human Rights and Family Diversity Training explores:
- A Human Rights Based Approach to working with One-parent Families
- Concepts of family diversity
- Issues and challenges facing one-parent families
- And how you can better support these families in your work
The course is ideal for those working in health boards, family resource centres, partnerships, community development, youth services and education centres. If booked for a team, the training can be tailored to the particular issues facing the team in their work with one-parent families. We can deliver this course in your organisation for groups of up to 15 people.
The programme covers how to:
- Have an in-depth understanding of the Human Rights that affect One-parent families today
- Diversity of family life in Ireland
- Explore the myths and realities of living in a one parent family
- Understand the issues and barriers facing one-parent families
- Have a basic understanding of the entitlements of one parent families; and
- Become aware of the services available to one parent families and supports which are available to workers.
Duration: 1 day
Dates: We can provide this course at a date and location to suit you. Let us know your requirements.