About the course:
This course is for parents who have separated and may be in the process of agreeing how to share parenting. The course will explore the key components of clear and direct communication (Non Violent Communication Process) as a tool to support parents to communicate effectively in a non conflictual way in order to achieve success when sharing parenting.
- To understand the impact separation has on children.
- To explore what shared parenting is and how to move into the business of shared parenting after separation.
- To develop the skills of compromise and negotiation in order to parent effectively with the other parent.
- To recognise the challenges of parenting after separation and identifying ways to support ones own wellbeing.
- To move forward with new family rituals and routines accepting the new family form welcoming a new future.