On Tuesday 21 October we present a seminar entitled Positive Parenting for Changing Families in Dublin Castle. Of particular interest to those working with children, families and/or in the sector, we will celebrate National Parents Week (20-26 October 2014) while reviewing the importance of a Positive Parenting approach with a range of experts. We will also launch our updated Positive Parenting for Changing Families manualised programme and offer the opportunity to attend free workshops on how to support diverse family situations.
The panel of expert speakers includes:
- Karen Kiernan, CEO, One Family
- Stella Owens, Centre for Effective Services, Chair of Special Interest Group on Supporting Parents
- Helen Deely, Head of HSE Crisis Pregnancy Programme
- Donagh McGowan, Donagh McGowan & Co Solicitors, incoming Chair of the Law Society Family Law Committee and member of the Family Law Court Development Committee
- Niall Egan, Jobseekers and One Parent Family Policy Section, Department of Social Protection
We asked, “What’s the important issue for you around positive parenting for changing families?”
In this short video Donagh McGowan, Solicitor and incoming Chair of the Law Society Family Law Committee and member of the Family Law Court Development Committee, talks about his important issue: how to address the failings of the current family law system.
In this short video Niall Egan of the Department of Social Protection talks about his important issue: the Job Seekers Transition Allowance.
1.30pm | Registration & Refreshments
2.00pm-3.00pm | Plenary session chaired by Dr. Anne-Marie Mc Gauran (NESC/One Family Board member).
3.10pm-4.30pm | Workshops – try out two of our four free taster workshops faciliated by One Family’s parenting experts. Choose from: Parenting Through Stressful Times, Making Shared Parenting Work, Making Conflict Healthy, and Supporting Children Through Family Change.
Date: Tuesday 21 October 2014
Time: 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Venue: Bedford Suite, Dublin Castle, Dublin 2