One-parent family organisation One Family (formerly Cherish) today announced that they will be running their innovative Positive Parenting: Training for Trainers course in Limerick. The course provides all those working with families with the tools to design and deliver effective and life-changing parenting courses.
Covering the development of a ten-week Positive Parenting Programme, the training will allow those working with families to effectively support parents in developing successful parenting strategies. Already working for hundreds of professionals around Ireland, this course is a unique programme with a particular focus on one-parent families.
One Family Director, Karen Kiernan stressed the crucial importance of supporting all parents and families. ‘The Positive Parenting Manual which forms the basis of our Positive Parenting course is the only Irish parenting resource to also address the specific needs of this very diverse group of families. We have organised the training in Limerick to help professionals support the large numbers of non-traditional families in Limerick.’
At One Family we know that families come in all shapes and sizes and in all circumstances. So, in addition to looking at key issues facing families as they parent, it also provides additional modules covering topics such as multicultural parenting and bullying, allowing workers to develop a course that suits the needs and situation of their particular clients.
Notes for Editors:
* There are nearly 7,000 one-parent families in Limerick.
* The percentage of one-parent families in Limerick City is 16 per cent, above the national average of 11.4 per cent.
* Births outside marriage account for more than half of all births in Limerick city at 54 per cent, compared with a national average of 32 per cent, and are the highest rate of any city.
* The percentage of one-parent families living in Limerick County is 10 per cent.
* The percentage of births to under 20s in Limerick city is twice the national average at 8 per cent, compared with 4 per cent nationally, and is the highest rate in any Irish city.
Course duration: 3 days, Cost: €300.
A copy of the Positive Parenting Manual worth €150 is included in the cost of the training.
To book your place contact the Training and Consultancy Service on 01 662 9212 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact:
Ruth Coleman 01 662 9212/086 174 2315 or
Karen Kiernan 01 662 9212/086 850 9191