What is Parent Mentoring
Parent mentoring is a form of parenting support offered in 1-1 sessions. The service is offered to all parents both in house and in outreach locations.
Parent Mentoring allows parents to have a space to discuss and explore the challenges, transitions and complexities of parenting.
The following are common issues which are often addressed in Parent Mentoring:
- Understanding your child’s behaviours.
- Reasons why children find it hard to cooperate.
- Listening to children and hearing their concerns.
- Coping with a childs refusal to attend school.
- Supporting children with separation and divorce.
- Helping children settle into new routines such as shared parenting and two homes.
- Exploring family forms with children such as an absent parent, step parents and blended families.
- Looking at developmental stages and challenges such as sexual development, gender issues, relationships, additional needs.
- Also for younger children, looking at toilet training, moving to big school, play dates and much more.
Who are our Mentors
One Family work with qualified Relationship Mentors. They have all trained with UCC.
Read more here: https://iarm.ie/about-relationship-mentoring/
To understand more about Parent Mentoring please link into the Irish Association of Relationship Mentors website, where all our mentors are professionally accredited with Iarm
Find out more here: https://iarm.ie/
How to access Parent Mentoring
To access Parent Mentoring please:
- Call askonefamily lo-call helpline: 1890 662212.
- Complete the Referral form which the Helpline can email or post to you.
- Or Download the Referral form here and submit to email@example.com.
The Service is low cost and the scale is from €60-€5. This will be explored and agreed at time of Referral.