Personal Development and Career Planning with Support
New Futures – A Programme for People Parenting Alone or Sharing Parenting
‘I finally have some clarity about my possible future and know if I stay motivated I can achieve my goals’ – past participant
New Futures is a free 24 week, part-time personal & professional development programme specifically designed for those parenting alone or sharing parenting and is accredited at QQI Level 4. This course is designed for those on the Job Seeker’s Transition Payment (JST) or the One Parent Family Payment (OFP) but do get in touch if you receive other payments (or none) and we will assess your eligibility for the programme.
Join it to:
- Discover what careers or courses suit you
- Become more confident
- Get support from, and form new friendships with, parents in the same situation as you
- Learn how to balance work and family life
- Improve your CV & Interview Skills
- Get help and support to pursue further education or training
As part of the programme the following supports are available:
- One to one support
- Information, counselling and parenting support
- Travel costs (up to €4 per day)
- Limited onsite childcare available and small subsidies may be available towards childcare costs
When? The upcoming New Futures Programme starts in September 2018 and will run until April 2019, with no classes during school holidays. Classes meet twice a week from 10:00-1:00 (Mondays & Tuesdays). Recruitment is now open for New Futures 2018. You may like to participate in one of our eight week programmes in May/June 2018 before considering New Futures. Please contact us and we will be happy to discuss your needs.
Where? Classes will take place in our new premises at 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7.
How to apply? Parents interested in participating in 2018, can contact us directly by emailing email@example.com or call reception on 01 662 9212.
The New Futures project is part supported by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020