Personal Development and Career Planning with Support
New Futures is a free twenty four week part-time professional and personal development programme specifically designed for those parenting alone or sharing parenting and is accredited at QQI Level 4. This course is designed for those on the Job Seeker’s Transition Payment (JST) or the One Parent Family Payment (OFP) but do get in touch if you receive other payments (or none) and we will assess your eligibility for the programme.
At least 80% of New Futures participant progress to further education and employment after course completion each year.
When: New Futures Programme starts September 2020 and will run until May 2021, with no classes during school holidays. Classes take place on Monday and Tuesday from 10am – 1pm.
Where: 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7.
How to apply: Contact Niamh on 01 662 9212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for 2020 are open.
- Discover what careers or courses suit you.
- Identify strengths and skills.
- Become more confident.
- Peer support from parents in the same situation as you.
- Learn how to balance work and family life.
- Improve your CV & interview skills.
- Get help and support to pursue further education or training.
- Regular one to one support with key worker.
- Parenting support.
- Travel costs (up to €3 per day).
- Limited onsite childcare and small subsidies may be available towards external childcare costs.
One Family New Futures Stories are the experiences of some of the lone parents who took part in our courses, in their own words.