Personal Development, Learning and Career: Life-long learning for well-being.
Are you a lone parent who would like to get back to further education and/or work but don’t know where to start? Do you need support in making changes in your life?
At One Family, we realise that it can be daunting if you haven’t worked for a while or have never worked, or if you would like to return to or further your education but don’t know what steps to take, so we run courses to help. We have a number of programmes to help create positive futures for people who parent alone or share parenting, where you can learn new skills to progress to training, education and employment. We understand the experience of parenting alone and sharing parenting, and how challenging it can be to move back into education or find fulfilling employment and so everyone on our programmes also gets to work with their own mentor and coach.
Our courses provide accreditations recognised on the National Framework of Qualifications, and some of them may be able to provide help with childcare.
One Family’s employability and education programmes are part supported by funding received under the Gender Equality Activity of the European Social Fund (ESF) Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020 (‘PEIL’). The Gender Equality Activity aims to promote social inclusion and combat discrimination in the labour market. Our programmes over the next two years will be focussed on women returning to education or the workforce.
Have you received a text message from the Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection about our programmes? Please click on the links below for more information!
Who are One Family’s free programmes for?
Programmes are free to parents in one-parent families and include:
- New Steps | New Steps is an eight week parenting support and self-development programme for people parenting alone or sharing parenting. New Steps can be taken as a stand-alone programme and is also an introductory course into our New Futures programme.
- Pathways | This eight week college preparation course is for those interested in, or going into, further education in September. Pathways also provides ongoing support to parents after they start their education course.
- New Futures | With QQI Level 4 accreditation, this is our flagship programme. It offers distinctive personal and career development with wrap-around supports.
- Options | This is a part-time programme, and is a combination of three minor awards at QQI Levels 4 and 5; Communications, Information Technology Skills, and Nursing Theory & Practice. This course will give the learner practical skills for progression into employment, self employment or further education.
- One to One Mentoring| Returning to education or employment can be a daunting thought for anyone especially when you are parenting on your own. Take the opportunity to sit down and work through any concerns with a mentor/keyworker and discover the exciting possibilities of returning to education or employment.
To enrol or find out more about our programmes and supports email Ciara Ryan, New Futures Project Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01 662 9212. We also welcome referrals from professionals.
Hear from past participants.
One Family New Futures Stories are the experiences of some of the lone parents who took part in our courses, in their own words.
This project is part supported by funding received under the Gender Equality Activity of the European Social Fund (ESF) Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020 (‘PEIL’).