What is the Social Group?
The Social Group is a way for families to meet. Families often have similar experiences and may have feelings of isolation or lonliness as a result of parenting alone or changes in the family circumstances since separation or divorce. Children have many opportunities to meet other children of similar ages, who may be living in the same type of family form. Parents have time to make new friends and gain support on the outings, which can lead to creating long lasting friendships.
The Social Group is a place to find organised, fun, family activities during school breaks. Usually the trips are subsidised by One Family and attended by One Family staff.
We often have organised transport or families can meet us at the venue.
How to access the Social Group
To access the Social Group please:
- Call askonefamily lo-call helpline: 1890 662212
- Complete the Referral form which the Helpline can email or post to you
- Or Download the Referral form on this page and submit to email@example.com
Once we have your referral form:
- We will add you to the Social Group webtext list
- You will receive a text when there are trips coming up
- You will be asked to call Reception to book your place