People find themselves parenting alone though a variety of circumstances such as separation, divorce, desertion and bereavement. We all have someone close to us who is a member of a one-parent family as one in four families with children in Ireland is a one-parent family. Many are marginalised with parents and children of one-parent families statistically at higher risk of poverty. We work to make better lives and futures for these families, to raise awareness of the realities of their lives, and towards equality for all families in Ireland. Will you help?
- donate online here – make a donation and you may be eligible for tax relief
- support one of our fundraisers
- fundraise for One Family either by organising an event or taking part in one
- consider us in your will and leave a legacy
- volunteer for the Family Day Festival – Over 6,000 people attended in 2016 so we have lots of roles for stewards, entertainers, stage assistants etc.
- become a member – it’s free
- companies – make us your charity of the year or if you are upgrading your office equipment, donate your old working equipment (for example, it would also be wonderful to receive a video camera so we can record all of our events)
- companies – support our Toy Appeal. Every December, we collect toys for children to give Santa a bit of help
- companies – be part of Ireland’s largest, fastest-growing, free, annual celebration of the family by sponsoring the Family Day Festival
If you would like to get involved in any way, or if your organisation is interested in CSR or sponsorship opportunities, please call 01 662 9212 or email us.
Most of our income comes from a range of statutory agencies through service agreements, grants and project funding, for which we are extremely grateful. However, it is never enough so if you can help in any of the ways above, we’d be very happy to hear from you. If you would like to learn more about our income and how we are funded, you can find out more, read our annual reviews and read our audited accounts here. You can read our fundraising standards here. For additional information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.