Supporting Parents and Children to Separate Well
Building Confidence and Competence in Front Line Staff to understand the needs of separated families and support them to separate well for children.
The training is targeted towards experienced Front Line Staff (in the area of family support, parent support, key work, therapeutic supports etc), & others who are actively working with separated families on the ground in their role.
Further information is provided by the Separation Network (@Rainbows Ireland) please contact Kathryn the Separation Network Coordinator at email@example.com by Friday 10th September
Family Communications: Coping with Family Life and Communication with Teenagers
This Professional Development programme prepares trainers and people who work with parents, children and/or families to design and deliver One Family’s Family Communications programme to groups or in one-to-one work. The emphasis is towards those parenting alone, sharing parenting, and parenting through family change such as separation. The comprehensive manual includes 15 modules, all of which give a step-by-step guide and handouts for facilitating each session.
After taking part in this course, you will be able to:
- Plan, design and deliver a 6 to 12 week Family Communications: Coping with Family Life and Communication with Teenagers programme.
- Understand the theory behind the Family Communications: Coping with Family Life and Communication with Teenagers manual.
- Understand and coach parents in the principles of clear and direct communication in the home for problem-solving.
- Support parents in implementing and managing changes in the home
- Support parents in parenting teenagers.
- Resource parents in creating a positive environment at home.
- Understand family diversity today.
- Support parents in parenting when they are: separating or divorcing, sharing parenting, parenting in a multicultural society.
- Resource parents to rebuild family life after a crisis.
- Support one-parent and separated families to encourage family pride and a strong family identity.
Positive Parenting for Changing Families
This intensive three day manualised professional development programme has just been re-developed. Its gives professionals tools they need to support parents to build strong relationships with their children and manage difficult behavior.
What makes this programme different?
Positive Parenting for Changing Families:
- Specifically supports people parenting alone, sharing parenting, and separating families but is suitable for use when working with other family units also.
- Is unique each time it is delivered as it is designed to meet the needs of participants.
- Does not refer to model families, but draws from the experience of participants, enabling professionals to engage with the parent as the expert of their own family situation.
- Enables professionals to engage parents to reflect on strengths in order to identify how they will make positive changes in their relationships and in their home.
- Is evidence-informed, rooted in family support theories particularly parenting and ‘good enough parent’ and has been designed to fill a vacuum for a parenting programme to support non-traditional families.
- Can be adapted by professionals for use in one to one work as well as with groups of parents and families.
After taking part in this training you will be able to:
- Understand the theory behind the Positive Parenting for Changing Families manual.
- Be familiar with a range of approaches for managing difficult behaviour in children while raising self-esteem.
- Support parents in implementing these approaches.
- Support parents to develop strong relationships with their children.
- Know the provisions of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Support parents in parenting when they are: separating or divorcing, sharing parenting, parenting in a multicultural society, parenting alone.
- Support parents to talk to their children about their family situations.
- Support families to parent through difficult times.
- Design and deliver a ten-week Positive Parenting for Changing Families programme (should you opt for One Family Accreditation).