Personal Development and Career Planning with Support
New Futures is a free twenty four week part-time professional and personal development programme specifically designed for those parenting alone or sharing parenting and is accredited at QQI Level 4. This course is designed for those on the Job Seeker’s Transition Payment (JST) or the One Parent Family Payment (OFP) but do get in touch if you receive other payments (or none) and we will assess your eligibility for the programme.
At least 80% of New Futures participant progress to further education and employment after course completion each year.
- Identify strengths and skills.
- Become more confident.
- Peer support from parents in the same situation as you.
- Learn how to balance work and family life.
- Improve your CV & interview skills.
- Support to pursue further education or training.
- Regular one to one support with key worker.
- Parenting support.
- Travel costs (up to €3 per day).
- Limited onsite childcare and small subsidies may be available towards external childcare costs.
One Family New Futures Stories are the experiences of some of the lone parents who took part in our courses, in their own words.