Professionals working with families will gain real hands-on skills during these intensive 3-hour workshops.
Coaching parents in successful shared parenting
Shared parenting is a way for both parents to have a part in their child’s life without the parents living together. Shared parenting can be difficult for adults to enter into, but the results will have an immensely positive impact on their child. Children may feel more secure, have higher self-esteem and feel better about their unique family situation. Shared parenting involves putting personal feelings aside and doing, instead, what is best for the child.
Family support practitioners can learn to coach parents in this often challenging area and help to bring about positive outcomes for children and parents alike.
Designed for professionals, this training will support you in your work with parents.
By taking part in this workshop, participants will;
- learn communication skills for separated parents;
- explore the child’s experience of shared parenting;
- learn the steps involved in devising a shared parenting agreement;
- learn practical strategies of avoiding conflict and
- explore how to get support when things go wrong
Dates: Tuesday 23 May 1.00pm-4.30pm
Venue: ISPCC Office, 1st Floor, Penrose Wharf, 4/5 Alfred Street, Cork.
Cost: €50.00 includes all materials