Family Communications: Coping with Family Life and Communication with Teenagers
This Professional Development programme prepares trainers and people who work with parents, children and/or families to design and deliver One Family’s Family Communications programme to groups or in one-to-one work. The emphasis is towards those parenting alone, sharing parenting, and parenting through family change such as separation. The comprehensive manual includes 15 modules, all of which give a step-by-step guide and handouts for facilitating each session.
After taking part in this course, you will be able to:
- plan, design and deliver a 6 to 12 week Family Communications: Coping with Family Life and Communication with Teenagers programme
- understand the theory behind the Family Communications: Coping with Family Life and Communication with Teenagers manual
- understand and coach parents in the principles of clear and direct communication in the home for problem-solving
- support parents in implementing and managing changes in the home
- support parents in parenting teenagers
- resource parents in creating a positive environment at home
- understand family diversity today
- support parents in parenting when they are: separating or divorcing, sharing parenting, parenting in a multicultural society
- resource parents to rebuild family life after a crisis
- support one-parent and separated families to encourage family pride and a strong family identity
Date: 2-4 May 2018
Duration: 3 days
Venue : One Family, 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7
Includes: Family Communications Trainers Manual, light refreshments.
Please read One Family’s Cancellation Policy.
One Family Accreditation is an available option following successful completion of this programme. Learn more here.
Meet your Facilitators
Customised Family Communications Training for Groups
We can develop this programme to suit your needs by providing additional modules on a variety of topics. Call us on 01 662 9212 to talk about what we can do for your organisation.