New Steps is a free 6 week, part-time personal development programme specifically designed for those parenting alone or sharing parenting. It is also an introductory course into our New Futures part-time, 24 week programme that is accredited at QQI Level 4. This course is designed for those on the Job Seeker’s Transition Payment (JST) or the One Parent Family Payment (OFP) but do get in touch if you receive other payments (or none) and we will assess your eligibility for the programme.
Join it to
- Become more confident.
- Gain personal development skills and tools.
- Get support from, and form new friendships with, parents in the same situation as you.
- Learn how to balance work and family life.
As part of the programme, the following supports are available
- One to one key work support.
- Information, counselling and parenting support. (Online or by telephone)
- Limited onsite childcare available and small subsidies may be available towards childcare cost.