New Steps is a free 6 week, part-time personal development programme specifically designed for those parenting alone or sharing parenting. It is also an introductory course into our New Futures part-time, 24 week programme that is accredited at QQI Level 4. This course is designed for those on the Job Seeker’s Transition Payment (JST) or the One Parent Family Payment (OFP) but do get in touch if you receive other payments (or none) and we will assess your eligibility for the programme.
The upcoming New Steps Programme will commence in September 2020 and will run for 6 weeks with no classes during school holidays.
Due to current public health guidelines, classes will be delivered online with a blended learning approach using both Zoom and our online learning platform.
How to Apply
Parents interested in participating in the programme can contact Niamh directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call reception on 01 662 9212.
Join it to
- Become more confident.
- Gain personal development skills and tools.
- Get support from, and form new friendships with, parents in the same situation as you.
- Learn how to balance work and family life.
As part of the programme, the following supports are available
- One to one key work support.
- Information, counselling and parenting support. (Online or by telephone)
- Limited onsite childcare available and small subsidies may be available towards childcare cost.