Personal Development and Career Planning with Support
New Futures is a free 20 week, part-time personal & career development programme specifically designed for those parenting alone or sharing parenting and is accredited at QQI Level 4 in Personal & Interpersonal Development and Career Planning. This course is designed for those on the Job Seeker’s Transition Payment (JST) or the One Parent Family Payment (OFP) but do get in touch if you receive other payments (or none) and we will assess your eligibility for the programme.
At least 80% of New Futures participants progress to further education and employment after course completion each year.
- Make connections with parents in similar situations.
- Increase confidence and self-esteem.
- Learn how to balance work, education and family life.
- Be challenged and inspired to create a new future.
- Improve CV and interview skills.
- Explore careers and education courses and how to access them.
Wrap-around supports include:
- One to one support with a designated key worker.
- Counselling support.
- Parent Mentoring support.
- Access to online parenting programmes.
- Small subsidy for technical items.
One Family New Futures Stories are the experiences of some of the lone parents who took part in our courses, in their own words.