Personal Development and Career Planning with Support
New Futures is a free 24 week, part-time personal & career development programme specifically designed for those parenting alone or sharing parenting and is accredited at QQI Level 4 in Personal & Interpersonal Development and Career Planning. This course is designed for those on the Job Seeker’s Transition Payment (JST) or the One Parent Family Payment (OFP) but do get in touch if you receive other payments (or none) and we will assess your eligibility for the programme.
At least 80% of New Futures participant progress to further education and employment after course completion each year.
Join it to
- Discover what careers or education courses suit you.
- Become more confident.
- Get support from, and form new friendships with, parents in the same situation as you.
- Learn how to balance work and family life.
- Improve your CV & Interview Skills.
As part of the programme, the following supports are available
- One to one support
- Information, counselling and parenting support (Online or by telephone)
- Travel costs (up to €3 per day)
- Limited onsite childcare available and small subsidies may be available towards childcare costs
One Family New Futures Stories are the experiences of some of the lone parents who took part in our courses, in their own words.